Links to quality websites of interest to vintage art afficionados
Here is a center of invention putting new verve into the notion of vintage. In December, 2012,
I Desire Vintage Posters entered into a collaboration with FOSSIL FINDS.
A)Visual and Decorative Arts and Design
1. Rene Wannerwww.posterpage.ch
An amazingly comprehensive view of vintage posters activity.
A cornucopea of antiques websites
3. Ephemera Society of Americawww.ephemerasociety.org
A key portal for antique and nostalgia resources
4.The Wolfsonian Foundationwww.wolfsonian.org
Scholarly and fabulously-endowed design promoter and educator
5. Design Museumhttp://designmuseum.org/
A comprehensive look at design.
There is ample information about major poster artists on this website.
7. Forbes Magazine
This highly esteemed publication has consistently tracked our website through a number of years
8. The Good Web Guide for the Best of Worldwide Shoppinghttp://www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/index.php?art_id=180
For a great selection of wall decor, the vintage poster site of I Desire is a noted destination! "In a field where informative material is scarce, this otherwise commercial website is better than most."
9. Art Gallery of Ontariowww.ago.net/
Art Matters here! A superb collection of visually stimulating art in a beautifully transformed space (2008) by Toronto-born, Frank Gehry.
10. Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum New York, NYhttp://ndm.si.edu/
A museum devoted exclusively to historic and contemporary design.11. http://www.artdecocollection.com
For the finest in European Art Deco furniture, glass, silver, ceramics, cocktail accessories, art, clocks, carpets and more.......
12. Vintage Style Graphics by Angela Patchell (2010)www.vizebooks.com
Here is an exciting resource, inasmuch as it envisages vintage graphics being very compelling to twenty-first century designers and lively minds.
13. Dutch portal about printshttp://www.opzijnbest.nl/informatie-over-prenten_3196.htm
14. An amazing array of mosaic art by distinguished French mosaic artisan. We have a beautiful collection in our studio. Please visit Christine's gallery at:http://www.chris-crepet.fr/
B) Choice Vintage Fashion Stores: "There will always be a longing for things rare & fine. . ."
1. The Red Velvet Shoehttp://theredvelvetshoe.typepad.com/boutique/
2. Lulu's Vintagehttp://store.lulusvintage.com/
3. Vintage Secret
4.Woodlands Farm Vintagehttp://www.woodlandfarmsantiques.com/
C) Other approaches to a vintage tone
1. ARACELI'S ILLUSTRATIVE CERAMICShttp://aracelirobledo.com/
Enjoy Araceli's amazing work consisting of fine drawings hand painted on uniquely created porcelain bowls and dishes.
2. Zelda Magazinehttp://www.zeldamag.com/
From the beginnings of the 20th century to the Golden Era of Hollywood,Zelda brings the love of this age to life in paper. Zelda is where the past meets the presence with reverence and revelry
3. James Clark's Film Journalhttp://www.ratherhavetheblues.com/
An ongoing and interactive investigation into the Old World and New World.
4. Journal of the Print Worldhttp://www.journaloftheprintworld.com/
Devoted to opening eyes to the beauty of works of art on paper.
5. Film Noirhttp://filmsnoir.net
A rich compendium of information and poetry about the dark side of the art deco era.